Subject: procfs and termcap
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ethan Gold <etgold@cs.vassar.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/1996 12:38:13
why doesn't "find" work on the profcs? I want to do a find on
the mem entry for each process or the status file so I can pipe them
through some scripts. but find does not work recursively in /proc.
if I cd /proc/82 and do a find . -name status -print I'll get
./status, but if I cd /proc and do a find . -name status -print I'll
get a big nothing.

also, when I telnet to my bsd mac from a sparcstation the screen is
handled very poorly. the Sun is running 4.1.3/4 and X11R5.
the line endings often end up in the wrong places when I use ls, but
sometimes they come out ok. changing TERM from xterm to vt220 to vt100
doesn't seem to make a difference. when I telnet into the mac from my
MacOS mac the line endings are handled just fine, but tab completion
in tcsh doesn't work and when I was root (using csh, didn't try from
elsewhere) I could delete my prompt.

has anyone had these problems?

	-Ethan