Subject: Re: Sonic Ethernet Boot failure
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/1996 16:43:20

> > Just wanted to report a failure on booting with a Sonic "Ether TWP LC" card
> > - P/N 01-SSC-0404. The system booted to the following and hung:
> >
> > ae0 at nubus0: address ab:ba:5f:f7:fb:bf, type Ethernet A-series, 16k mem.
> >
> > My system is a Performa 550 with Generic 55 kernal, I believe, and 1.1
> > distribution.
>
> This might be fixed with the changes that Scott Reynolds made recently.
> I've gotten behind on NetBSD/mac68k work but hope to catch up this
> weekend.  Hopefully I can get a kernel out for folks to try...
>
> -allen

Has anyone actually gotten the Sonic cards working?  I was under the
assumption that it was a project on hold that had been sitting for a
while.  I have the exact same setup as listed above; I was just going
to make a kernal with e-net turned off.  Just curious what the
situation is...

Thanks,

Jon
wookie@us.net