Subject: Re: FWTK FAQ
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Aaron S. Magill <amagill@uiuc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/25/1996 23:54:04
>> I have just sent the first draft of the FWTK FAQ to Allen to be put on
>> Puma.
>
>It's up as:
>        http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/macbsd/howto/fwtk-faq.html
>
>I'll link it in somewhere soon.  I just wrapped in it html with no
>proofreading, so it would be nice to see this properly html-ized
>(and spell-checked ;-).

Is there a package which converts "standard FAQ formatted files" (which I
tried to follow insofar as I know what the "standard" is!) into HTML, or
should I make a point of converting it by hand?

As for spell checking... I confess, I can't spell to save my life!  I was
more interested in getting it out, since so many people expressed interest.
I'll run it through a spell checker for the next update.

>Thanks a lot for taking the time to work on this!  I'm sure it will
>be helpful for someone.  It might be nice, too, to see how much of
>it's mac68k or even NetBSD-specific.  It might be helpful to aim
>for a slightly larger audience...  Especially if it attracts more
>people to NetBSD and/or NetBSD/mac68k :-)

Yeah, I'd also like to cover some of the aspects of it that I didn't cover
in detail... like setting up the MacBSD host as a *secure* firewall (since
I concentrated on its use as a proxy server), and its smail proxy, which
allows for the secure transport of email to an internal mail server.)
Since these are services which I am not currently using, I avoided them.

I suspect that, other than the source code changes, it is pretty platform
independant, but I should probably check into it a little more to be sure.

--
Aaron Scott Magill                                             amagill@uiuc.edu
}{  "I have SEEN evil!  I have SEEN horror!  I have seen the unholy maggots  }{