Subject: Mac IIci won't boot...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Milo Sharp <milo@Somunix.uafsom.alaska.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/24/1996 11:05:31
	This is a conundrum.  I used to have MacBSD up and running (with
X, even) on my IIci (20MB Ram) at work.  Unfortunately, that machine got
re-assigned, so I had to abandon the project temporarily.
	I just got another one back (lacking an Ethernet card, sadly) and
quickly hooked my trust 200MB MacBSD drive up to it, ran the booter,
and...  and...  Nothing.  It won't boot.
	I reformatted the drive, repartitioned it (I didn't like how the
partitions had ended up anyways), and re-installed everything from
scratch.  It still won't boot.  Here's what happens:

	I've got it set to boot Single User, Autosize the Ram (it
correctly divines 20MB), from SCSI 6.  I'm using Generic-5 from puma,
although I've also tried it with John Wittkowski's most recent kernel,
with similar results.  It seems to hang directly after the mrg: ADB
Interrupts Enabled message.

	My question is, what comes next?  I can't remember anymore, and
it seems if I knew what was just about to happen, I might be able to
figure out what's going so horribly wrong...

---

Milo (Michael) Sharp
milo@cheers.uafsom.alaska.edu (temporarily)
http://www.asuaf.alaska.edu/~fxmcs/
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."