Subject: Re: LC console errors
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/24/1996 01:31:14
> > I was wondering whether the problems experienced by others had anything to
> > do with the amount of RAM used in their computers?  According to an
> > information sheet published by Apple, if you put two 4Mb SIMMs into the
> > type of LCII with 4Mb RAM soldered to the motherboard, 2Mb of the
> > motherboard RAM becomes inaccessible, giving a total of 10Mb usable RAM.

[...]
> Eeewww, groooossss! That sounds sick. I'm not doubting you, I'm just
> wondering why Apple would do this?

It's easy: The LCII was similar to a IIsi, just without NuBus slots, but
at half the price. They wanted to avoid getting a better and cheaper
machine by buying an LCII, FPU and a lot of RAM together.

> What kind of CPU does the LCII have, an 020 or an 030?

A MC68030 / 16MHz

  Markus Hitter             Voice: ++49/651/828172
                            Email: hitterm@trier.fh-rpl.de
  Trier (Germany)           WWW: http://www.trier.fh-rpl.de/~hitterm