Subject: Re: MacBSD hangs
To: None <pphillips@finearts.sfa.uconn.edu>
From: Sean Sweda <sweda@us.itd.umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/23/1996 16:48:52
On Tue, 23 Apr 1996 10:47:03 EST, Thus spracht Paul Phillips:
>Very often when I attempt to log in as root from a remote station (using
>Telnet) my MacBSD hands with the message:
>
>vm_fault (1170C0, 6bf0000, 1, ->1
>
>Unfortunately, it hangs at other times also, often with a vm fault
>message, so I'm not at all sure what's going on.
>
>Any ideas from anyone?

are you using built-in video?  I used to get vm_faults all the time
until I stopped using the built-in video...  I've got a MacII video
card in there now.

Mac IIci, 32MB ram, ethernet, Mac II video card

Sean

Sean Sweda                        :                       ITD OM Unix Team
sweda@us.itd.umich.edu            :      UM Student Publications LAN Admin
http://www.umich.edu/~sweda       :            Owner, Motor City Marauders
http://www.ibl.org                :   1994 Internet Baseball League Champs