Subject: Re: improving NetBSD
To: None <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1996 15:50:56
> Now I have running NetBSD on my Mac at home, I enjoy from time to time
> to do some programming on the systems code. For example I managed to add
> support for international keyboards and to make scrolling the console
> faster. Besides this I found one or two bugs in other code.

Great!  I'd love to see your patches.  If you want to contribute them to
the project, you can use send-pr (which is just a shell script that
helps you create a file and mail it to a special address--you can mail
it by hand) or send patches to me.  I'll see that you get credit for
making the changes.

> I managed to get 'sup' running and know there is a GNU tool called 'cvs'.

'sup' is the best way for you to stay up-to-date with the current NetBSD
sources.  Only relatively few people have access to the cvs repository.
Anyone can submit a bug report (with or without patches) if they have
access to E-mail, and anyone can send me mail with questions or patches.

As Ken Nakata (I think) suggested, you can also look at the information
on http://www.netbsd.org/ or http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/macbsd.

Welcome!

-allen

--