Subject: Re: ethernet card problem
To: None <PPhillips@finearts.sfa.uconn.edu>
From: Brian Cole <tuc@cs.wisc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/1996 03:46:27
] I wrote earlier about the troubles I was having with an Asante ethernet
] card and a Mac IIvx.  I tried two different ethernet cards and two
] different vx computers and I never could get MacBSD to boot.  It would
] always hang after sensing the ethernet card in the nubus slot.  I don't
] thinkg the vx works with ethernet.
]
] So I switched to a ci and it worked!  Now I can boot up and login as
] root.

Are you saying that ethernet is just plain broken on the IIvx?  If so,
then I should just give up now.

I did check the MacBSD User Survey at
     http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/~spearce/
and of the five IIvx owners there (not including myself), none were
listed as using ethernet.

btw, is anyone out there using a Cabletron ethernet card?  It's based on
the DP8390CN chip, but I'm having trouble getting it to work (and  it's
not one of the available choices presented by the MacBSD USer Survey).

brian
--
 Brian A. Cole    |_   _  |  |  ___|    Visit Brian's Repository of