Subject: Re: 040s
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/1996 15:45:32
On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Colin Wood wrote:

> > I've forgotten, do we have 68040 support yet? Someone I know has a
> > centris 650 and wants to know if he can use netbsd on it or not.
> >

> I believe that NetBSD will more or less run on an '040 processor.
> However, last I recall, SCSI and ADB do _not_ work on these machines.
> I.e. you could probably run one as a diskless server which NFS mounts its
> filesystem and uses a serial console, but I think that's about it.

ADB does work on the 650's now if you use the most recent ADBTEST kernel.
However, there are other problems still, and reports I have received are
that overall the system works in SINGLE user mode about 80% of the time.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504