Subject: Re: Logitech Mouseman
To: None <mhl@nano.mit.edu, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/1996 09:19:29
> I compiled the kernal 1.1B because I thought that it would
> include support for the logitech 3 button mouseman. Unfortunately
> after starting up X, my mouse is unreproducibly
> responsive. Sometimes the first button works other times it
> doesn't. Is there some option that I need to turn on in the
> kernal configuration file? Though it seems masochistic, I enjoy
> using X on my SE/30.

First of all, you didn't tell us which model of MouseMan you're using.
Earlier models and the later models apparently use different protocols
thus are not compatible.  Do you see a line like the following in your
boot message?:

adb: extended mouse <LT01> 3-button 200 dpi trackball at 3
(Values underlined may vary)
If this "extended mouse" line shows up, then your mouse supports the
Apple Extended Mouse Protocol which the ADB driver supports, and you
can enjoy the confort of using all three buttons.  Otherwise, you're
outta luck.

BTW, I do run X almost all the time on my SE/30 with two heads.

ken