Subject: MacBSD on a Duo270c ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Ray <daver@idiom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/17/1996 23:57:43
Hi,

This is my first post to the group so I hope someone can help.  I'm trying
to use NetBSD on a Duo 270C. I downloaed versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the
kernel, as well as Booter 1.9. I'm trying to boot it from the MacOS to make
sure that I can use the full distribution on an AUX partition. It gets part
way through the boot process but crashes before it gets to bootstrap mode.
Here's a copy of the messages displayed by the Booter before it crashes:

Booting...MID_M68K executable: entry 0x3324
Malloced 1035100 bytes.
705328 (0x0)+54476+102872+44424+46897
Set _boothowto to 0x2
envbuf - buf = 961377 (0xeab61)
   Bye-bye.....So I sez...[etc]
Ser Console = 0
Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0x1
Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x890e 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 }
vbl_set: drefnum -49, slotid 0xe, spid 0x89, onoff 0
                                                      <--Then it crashes here

I read the FAQ about all the settings. I'm booting with all extensions off,
video set to 1 bit, memory in 32 bit mode. I'm using System 7.5.3 on a Duo
270C. I'm trying to boot using a docked configuration (Dock 1, 13" monitor,
Apple kbd.) as well as standalone Duo configuration. The booter is set to
"Extra debug info" and "don't warn".

Are there any kernels around that might work on a Duo 270c? Any other
suggestions? I mainly want to run X windows so a serial terminal isn't
worth it to me at this point.

Thanks,

Dave