Subject: SLIP/PPP Questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: pjnaro <Paul.J.Naro@cpmx.saic.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1996 09:53:25
When all else fails, don't be afraid to ask the question.

I'm trying to sert the IIsi up as a router for my internet site.  I am
having a problem getting connected to my ISP.  Mostly just talking to the
modem.  I was able to send a break (using cu), but not any modem
commands.  I also tried DIP and CHAT without success.  I THNK I have all
the files (remote, ttys, phones, etc) configured correctly.

I've been digging around with this and all the FAQs and books I've looked
in haven't helped all that much.  I'd like to set up either a SLIP or PPP
setup.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is my configuration:

     IIsi 17 Megs RAM, Quantum 540 with root,swap, and MacOS partitions
     external 80 (Apple/Quantum)
     external Syquest 88c
     Sonic Ethernet card (is anyone working on a driver?? ;-)
     Onboard video
     Math Co-processor installed
     Hayes 14.4 Modem
     NetBSD 1.1 with the Generic 55 Kernal
     X11R6 - Generally set for two xterms and a WWW browser - coooool

Anyone have any success?  Care to share?  TIA

Regards

Paul J. Naro
Interactive Frontiers, Inc.
(719) 596-8946