Subject: Re: improving NetBSD
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1996 01:59:32
On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Ken Nakata wrote:

> So, I think it's better to supply such an
> interface (probably an ioctl() for /dev/adb) and key map definition
> files for various international keyboard layouts.

As Ken mentioned, you'd have to have a default keymap for single-user
mode, at least.  For any others, it would be nice to have a userland
utility to add them as an alternate keymap, with perhaps an ioctl() to
switch between the "system" keymap and the alternate.  Conceivably you
might want to store multiple alternates, and allocate kernel memory only
when you needed to...

Just a thought.

--scott