Subject: re: ethernet card problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Cole <tuc@cs.wisc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/1996 00:42:34
I'm having a different (less fatal) kind of problem with the ethernet card
in my XXvx.  On boot it says

} NetBSD 1.1A (GENERIC) #55: Sat Mar 16 22:40:33 PST 1996
}     root2@wormhole:/disk2/src=sys/arch/mac68k/compile/GENERIC
} Apple Macintosh IIvx  (68030)
} real mem == 8388608
 <snip>
} /netbsd: nubus0: slot d: DNI Ethernet Card (Vendor: Cabletron Systems, Part: 0000) not configured

It seems to be ignoring the card.  I don't know if this is because:
    1. There's no media atached to the card,
    2. Some option I'm unaware of is switched off, or
    3. MacBSD doesn't know how to drive the card (despite its DP8390CN chip)

Any suggestions?

I guess a fourth possibility is that the card is defective.  I haven't yet
been able to test it under MacOS either.  The card is a Cabletron E6010.

brian

PS.  Does anyone out there have a recent kernel compiled with GATEWAY turned
     on that I can ftp?  If I can get ethernet working, then PPP routing is
     my next step.
--
 Brian A. Cole    |_   _  |  |  ___|    Visit Brian's Repository of