Subject: net etiquette
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dirk Smulders <Dirk.Smulders@ping.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1996 22:11:29
Chris Ghormley wrote:
>I know there's a lag between posting a message and its being sent to the
>group, but could we start answering simple questions by direct email?
>Only one person should get an inbox full of 'me, too' messages.

My two bits (a bit late but had disk driver problems)
I sure hope the list keeps to what it is, regardless of bandwith, because
for me a novice in net-bsd, and a beginner in unix-administration, I find
the list a great help and although I mainly read it, I find and file quit a
lot for later reference (to assist me when I get "there" or run "into" it).
This list is also great for it's responses, which are almost always correct
and very speedy. (Thanks to the guru's who seem to be available all the
time, thnks guy's)
Try to follow a few mailing list for Mac itself (mac-apps, comm,
hardware,..) those contain a flood of (unnecesary) messages and are really
impossible and band-hungry beasts.  Just ask a question there and see what
rubbish jou sometimes get back (if you get a reply).   Figure out who's
right or wrong then...
Leave this list to what it is, sometimes it's a pain finding a few hundred
messages in your mailbox (after a break), but rewarding if you find 3 tips
you just needed as well.

Dirk