Subject: Re: NFS woes
To: Boudreault Benoit <boudreab@ERE.UMontreal.CA>
From: Steve B <srb93@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1996 09:37:51
Boudreault Benoit writes:

> Hi everyone on the list
>
> I hope someone has some expertise on NFS and the such
> i have a spot kernel that i have been running for a
> few hours now, and i have attempted at nfsing
> a remote site (wuarchive.wustl.edu)
> it gives permission to everyone to NFS parts of their drives
> anyways, it returns me an odd error after attempting the link up
> mount_nfs: /archive: Program version wrong
> the command line is use is supposed to be accurate
> ./mount_nfs -Ps wuarchive.wustl.edu:/archive /archive
> well, it doesnt react like i expected it
> hope someone might have ideas :)
> thanks for all the help
>
> Ben

I've had the same problem when trying to remote nfs mount
sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk - getting error program version wrong. I can't
verify local nfs mounting as there is nothing I am allowed to mount to
locally!

the command I'm using is mount -r sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk:/public /public

SteveB
gargle@tcp.co.uk