Subject: Re: NFS woes
To: Boudreault Benoit <boudreab@ERE.UMontreal.CA>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1996 13:21:24
Quoting Boudreault Benoit,

> I hope someone has some expertise on NFS and the such
> i have a spot kernel that i have been running for a
> few hours now, and i have attempted at nfsing
> a remote site (wuarchive.wustl.edu)
> it gives permission to everyone to NFS parts of their drives
> anyways, it returns me an odd error after attempting the link up
> mount_nfs: /archive: Program version wrong
> the command line is use is supposed to be accurate
> ./mount_nfs -Ps wuarchive.wustl.edu:/archive /archive

I can mount those filesystems just fine. Normally, the error message
you describe would indicate that you're trying a version 3 mount
to a version 2 server. However, this can't really be the case because

	1) mount_nfs is supposed to figure out what version to use
	2) wuarchive.wustl.edu appears to support both versions anyway

Perhaps your mount_nfs is out of date? How recent is your mount_nfs
and how recent is your kernel?

- Frank