Subject: Re: improving NetBSD
To: None <M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1996 11:22:11
On Sun, 14 Apr 1996 M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Now I have running NetBSD on my Mac at home, I enjoy from time to time
> to do some programming on the systems code. For example I managed to add
> support for international keyboards and to make scrolling the console
> faster. Besides this I found one or two bugs in other code.
>
> The problem I have is that I have no idea how to make the rest of the
> NetBSD world participate in this stuff. Is someone interested in such
> features? What is good behaviour when changing somebody else' code? Is
> there somebody like a maintainer?....

	The normal way to submit changes for NetBSD is to produce a
	patch file (using diff -c) against as recent sources as possible
	then use 'send-pr' to submit it to the NetBSD server.

	(People are _always_ interested in improvements to NetBSD :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
  >= http://www.{netbsd,openbsd}.org {sparc,i386,m68k,alpha,mips,vax...} =<
       <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>