Subject: Re: CDs and drives... (was Re: IIsi installer/running error(s)
To: Steve Bowers <gargle@tcp.co.uk>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1996 23:17:44
On Apr 15,  4:21am, Steve Bowers wrote:
>Err... I don't think this is correct is it? On my system I have as follows:
>                                      netbsd drive allocation
>1/2 gig internal quantum SCSI id 0      sd0
>100 meg external quantum SCSI id 2      sd1
>NEC CDROM (external)     SCSI id 3      cd0    <- has its own allocation
>40 meg external apple    SCSI id 4      sd2
>Zip drive                SCSI id 5      sd3
>
>and hence it doesn't make any difference if the CD is on or off.

The MacSide utils cannot tell the difference between a CDROM and a hard
drive.  If the CDROM is on while running the installer, it will misidentify
the CDROM as sd2, and the apple and zip drives become sd3 and sd4.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

Who's on first?