Subject: Re: improving NetBSD
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1996 22:32:58
Ken Nakata wrote:

> As for the console scrolling, I guess there are not many people using
> the raw console anymore, so there would be less interest (I rarely use
> the console myself.  I just run X when I need to do heavy editing).

I currently don't even use dt, just the raw console.  I always run
an xterm to my 486/66 when I'm doing much though.  I would say that
any improvement in the speed of the console would be great, provided
it doesn't adversely affect interrupt latency.  I use my little IIci
as a www server (for fun), and don't want my console to starve the
ethernet/scsi activity.

> Allen Briggs is the port master of the mac68k port.  That kind of
> information is available on the NetBSD web site.

Err, http://www.netbsd.org, just in case.. :)

-Andrew