Subject: Re: improving NetBSD
To: M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de, Port-Mac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1996 21:00:47
> Now I have running NetBSD on my Mac at home, I enjoy from time to time
> to do some programming on the systems code. For example I managed to add
> support for international keyboards and to make scrolling the console
> faster. Besides this I found one or two bugs in other code.

I'm interested in how you added the support for international
keyboard.  Is it a portable way?  I mean, is it easy to add a new
keyboard layout to it?

As for the console scrolling, I guess there are not many people using
the raw console anymore, so there would be less interest (I rarely use
the console myself.  I just run X when I need to do heavy editing).

The other bugs, I can't say for sure until you tell us what they are
and which code base you're using (i.e. 1.0 or 1.1 release, or the
current.  In case of current, on what date the source is obtained).

> The problem I have is that I have no idea how to make the rest of the
> NetBSD world participate in this stuff. Is someone interested in such
> features? What is good behaviour when changing somebody else' code? Is
> there somebody like a maintainer?....

Allen Briggs is the port master of the mac68k port.  That kind of
information is available on the NetBSD web site.

ken