Subject: Re: LCII booting multi-user
To: M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de, Port-Mac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mattias Palm <mattip@algonet.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1996 02:20:29
Hello Markus
I am able to boot in single user only with my LCII. Exactly what lines do
you comment out of /etc/ttys? Do you set the line whith console to "yes"
and comment out _all_ the other lines? This did not work for me. I got some
VM_fault error just after "inetd." in rc. That would be when it tries to
run getty, yes?

At 14.58 96-04-09, M.Hitter@trier.fh-rpl.de wrote:
>Well, booting in multi-user mode failed because /etc/ttys told the init
>process to run two gettys at the same time on the console. I commented
>out every line except the one for the console in the ttys file and now
>seems to work all fine.

TIA/matti

Matti Palm________<mailto:mattip@algonet.se>
Homepage__________<http://www.algonet.se/~mattip>