Subject: Re: HELP ME.... (Really Stooopid Mistake)
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1996 10:55:18
On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Also, I believe csh is compiled using static libraries. If things get
> bad, and you loose shared libraries, tcsh is useless as root's shell;
> your machine will have died a hard and permanent death.

	Its ok to run tcsh as the root shell, just make sure you link it
	-s (statically) and put in in /bin. (I've done this > year &
	not been bitten yet :).

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
  >= http://www.{netbsd,openbsd}.org {sparc,i386,m68k,alpha,mips,vax...} =<
       <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>