Subject: Re: Peculiar serial behaviour
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron S. Magill <amagill@uiuc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1996 00:15:09
I don't know the specific settings the original poster is using (I just
caught this thread recently) but I had a similar lockup type behavior about
2 months ago with a Feb 12 (or their abouts) kernel.  At the time I was
running ppp at 57.6kbaud from a Mac IIx to a PowerMac, and occasionaly it
would lock up on me, usually during a large transfer of data.  I think I
had hardware flow control enabled (though I seem to recall someone saying
it was broken back then?)

At any rate, I dropped down to 38.4kb and the lockups disappeared.  Of
course that was also about the time that I got a newer kernel working (Late
Feb, I forget the exact date), so I don't know which fixed the problem!

In March, I had both serial ports working at 38.4kb pretty heavily and
never had a problem.

Hope this helps!

--
Aaron Scott Magill                                             amagill@uiuc.edu
}{  "I have SEEN evil!  I have SEEN horror!  I have seen the unholy maggots  }{