Subject: Peculiar serial behaviour
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/10/1996 10:05:12
It's jsut odd, friends,

I've brought in my trusty laptop running DOS (ugh) to run as a serial terminal
some of the times and maybe to have my ethernet'ed mac serve ppp to it.

Anyway, I turned on tty00 as a first step, plugged in the laptop to the modem
port, cranked up kermit, and let it rip.

To my joy I found:

NetBSD/mac68k (prometheus) (tty00)

login:

Wonderful, thought I, so I did.  I found that after a few lines of text and
general interaction with the machine.  It had the bad habit of stopping its
interaction with the serial prot.  It would still report me as logged in, but
it would acknowledge nor send any characters.

I've used this laptop as a console for old sun4's quite a bit, so I doubt itsw
the software on that end.   The machine iis:

NetBSD/ac68k 1.1 (Feb. 24 binaries) Generic#5
Mac IIci, 20mb ram, internal 170mb hard drive

That sorta thing,

Any thoughts??

Gene

--
Gene Skonicki           "Sometimes I get so tired of this thing called life.
sparta@imsa.edu          I'm not scared of dying; I'm afraid of going through