Subject: Re: LCII terminal errors
To: bsdlist <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Geoffrey Alexander <geoffrey@worf.netins.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1996 21:38:51
The Great Mr. Kurtz said,

One thought pops into mind when I see something to do with virtual (swap)
RAM (vm).  How big is your swap partition (and how much memory do you have
in real RAM)?

Make sure that it's at least double the size of physical RAM (and of course,
make sure you do have a swap partition) and make sure you built devices
after you created the swap partition.
-------

I have 10Megs RAM and a twenty Meg swap -- and I did build devices with the installer
right after installing the base11, etc11, man11, and text11 packages.  Now, it's not
impossible that in configuring my hard disk I somehow arranged it so that the swap
isn't 'mounted' or seen -- how could I check this?

Still, it seems strange that with the screen real-estate I have left after booting to
multi-user I can do 'ps', 'cat' a small file, or 'ls' any directory I can 'cd' to
as long as it doesn't run over the screen's bottom line -- but using 'more', 'man',
or anything that requires a screen refresh kills me. I'd think if the swap were bad,
it would manifest differently.

I'm still looking for something like a termcap file. Does NetBSD not use them?

---
geoffrey@netins.net