Subject: Re: kernal sources
To: None <mhl@nano.mit.edu, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1996 13:41:01
> I didn't think that it would ever come to this, but the time has
> arrived for me to compile my kernal; however, I can't find the
> source code anywhere. First the reason: I am trying to install
> AFS and need to turn on some option called LKM. I am assuming
> that the generic 55 doesn't have this turned on since when I
> tried to load the AFS module I got the error  `lkm: device not
> configured.' Is LKM turned on in the generic kernal distribution?
> And if so, why can't I load a module?

I'm not sure if LKM is turned on or not.  I'm not even sure if it is
supposed to be turned on or off in the kernel config file.

Anyway, you can find the source file at a NetBSD mirror ftp site
nearest you.  Go to the NetBSD directory (depends on the site, but
ususally /pub/NetBSD or something like that), then you can find the
source for 1.1 under NetBSD-1.1/source/, and the source for current at
NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/.

How-to-build-your-own-kernel type of document is on the puma home
page or anon-ftp area, I think.

ken