Subject: groups and su
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Kirk Boston <kirk@calvin.pgcps.pg.k12.md.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1996 13:30:55
hey allen what is up with groups and the su command.

I have a small problem when setting up groups file

wheel:*:0:kirk, johnp, peterjs

and then logging in to the persons account such as johnp and then
/usr/bin/su -
I get an error that says that the person is not in the right group to use
su.

I have changed the users group id to 0 and done everything that I could
think of to make it work and I still can't su but if i change the group
file
wheel:*:0:johnp, kirk, peterjs

then I can su as johnp but not as kirk....

any thoughts anyone...

Kirk Boston, RCDD
Systems Admin/JOAT at Prince Georges County Public Schools....
MY OPINIONS mine.  mine.  mine...
It's not the fall that kills you it's the sudden stop at the end...
The early worm has a death wish...