Subject: Re: shutdown -r doesn't
To: Ken Nakata <benh@inlink.com (Ben Hockenhull), kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1996 13:22:01
> "NetBSD/mac68k does not trust itself to update the RTC on shutdown." is
> what is actually printed to /dev/console.

This message itself is not a problem.

> Generic 55 *does* reboot the machine on shutdown -r, exactly like it
> should. Wormhole 5, does reboot as well and tells me that updating internal
> clock is not yet supported:-)

Well then, it must be a problem peculiar to the NFS #21 kernel...
Sorry I can't offer much help.

> Also, I'm thinking about writing an Applescript that will autoboot into BSD
> upon startup.  Would anyone like to see this, has it been done or done and
> failed?

Uhm, why do you need that?  I put the booter (or an alias) in the
startup folder (name?) and set Autoboot check box on in the Booter's
Option/Booting menu.  It works fine for me.

ken