Subject: Miniroots
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <spectrum@rlion.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1996 03:52:28
OK got a problem with my file system getting trashed all the time... I
want to set up a minimum boot on one of my other partitions. A. Do i use
a miniroot? if so, what do i put in the miniroot field of booter prefs?
B. what is /altroot used for?
BTW i have GREATLY sped up the re-installation of my system by moving
all the tar files onto another unix partition and untarring them from
within UNIX. this saves a LOT of time however i STILL have to use the
installer to extract the BASE11.tar file (which takes a whole hour...)
is there a better way to do this?
Disregard last question if ya answer the one about setting up an
alternate partition for booting... grin