Subject: Re: date/time problems, keyboard setup
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1996 16:02:41
On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Space Case wrote:

> On Apr 8, 10:58pm, David Brownlee wrote:
> >	You need to alter
> >	options         TIMEZONE=0      # time zone to adjust RTC time by
> >	options         DST=0           # daylight savings time used by RTC
> >	in your config file to tell netbsd your RTC is using the 'wrong'
>
> If I'm not mistaken, DST and TIMEZONE are no longer used.

	Not by anything in userland, but (at least on some ports) they
	are used to correct for the case where the machine's hardware
	clock is not in GMT - due to having to share with another OS.

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
 >=- OpenBSD http://www.openbsd.org. Free un*x for {sparc,i386,m68k,...} -=<
       <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>