Subject: Re: shutdown -r doesn't
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Ben Hockenhull <benh@inlink.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1996 08:35:44
>> My SE/30 doesn't reboot when a shutdown -r is issued.  It syncs disks, etc,
>> but then tells me that MacBSD doesn't trust itself to write to pram on
>> shutdown, and then it just sits there...
>
>Which kernel are you using?  Does it change the symptom if you change
>the kernel?

I'm using the NFS #21 kernel.  The actual message is a bit different than
what I had stated previously. (oops)

"NetBSD/mac68k does not trust itself to update the RTC on shutdown." is
what is actually printed to /dev/console.

Generic 55 *does* reboot the machine on shutdown -r, exactly like it
should. Wormhole 5, does reboot as well and tells me that updating internal
clock is not yet supported:-)

Also, I'm thinking about writing an Applescript that will autoboot into BSD
upon startup.  Would anyone like to see this, has it been done or done and
failed?

Thanks,

Ben