Subject: secr telnet
To: None <spectrum@rlion.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@cyber3.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1996 09:32:39

> Well im currently using the netbsd.111895.GENERIC.fpe kernel with the
> libm libraries installed... running 1.1 netbsd standard otherwise... not
> sure if i can compile my own kernels or not, only have about 50 megs
> free on my drive so dont know if i can even get them on my system.
>
> I tried downloading the secr.tar file but i think i got the wrong one
> (the one in eskimo.copy). FOr the record, i couldnt find the secr11.tar
> file in the mac directory at ftp.netbsd.org. perhaps yet i am still
> looking in the wrong place... dunno... i did install it and when i tried
> to execute telnet it gave me some error about some library missing....
> maybe the secr.tar files call something in the libm files which are
> included in the comp11.tar file, which get replaced when i install the
> libm files needed for 111895.GENERIC.fpe. Thats my guess anyways...

I don't think that's it. I installed a fresh set of tarballs in March, including secr, and telnet didn't work. I installed secr last, and finally fixed the problem for me by replacing telnet with an earlier version. I haven't checked, but I'm reasonably sure that I don't have secure telnet, but at least it works.

Brad