Subject: Re: anybody familiar with these Mac ROM calls?
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/06/1996 23:48:59
> _SInt{Install,Remove} wouldn't work anyway, unless we make drastic
> changes in the interrupt handlers, so I guess it's okay if they are
> just stubs doing nothing.

Actually, I think we'll want these.  They're a key to properly handling
the NuBus interrupts for the video cards.  We'll want to basically have
the SIntInstall be a wrapper around add_nubus_intr().

> BTW, full utilization of the declaration ROM would obsolete the ae
> driver's guessing the buffer RAM address and the address of Ethernet
> (MAC) address, and it might make those non-working 8390-based cards
> just work (well, at least I hope it will).

Really?  Where is that stuff stored on the cards?  It didn't look like
it was in a standard place.

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **