Subject: Re: New ADBTEST kernel
To: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/06/1996 19:34:46
At 01:01 AM 04/03/96, Stephen C. Brown wrote:
>I was going to play with the mini-root configuration, but I can find no
>pointers to documentation on that.  Would some kind soul please give me
>a hint?

If you have source to NetBSD/mac68k, `cd /usr/src/distrib/miniroot` and
then `make`.  It will create a 5MB file that contains enough NetBSD
software to run in single user mode.  The Booter loads this file into
memory as a RAM disk.

The current Booter won't load a 5MB file though.

--
John D. Smerdon;  Livonia, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us