Subject: Re: Mac Classic II
To: GUY T LAWRENCE <LAWR7947@splava.cc.plattsburgh.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/1996 11:01:02
>     I'm relatively new to Linux in general, and specifically on the Mac's.
> Should my Mac Classic II have enough conputing power to handle the 68K port?

You are out of luck.  Mac port of Linux has never been available.
Fortunately, there is a UNIX-like OS (you don't call UNIX a Linux-like
OS, do you?) alternative (groaning and sighs) called NetBSD (surely
you must have figured it out since you've sent your message to this
mailing list?), and information regarding the mac68k port can be
obtained through Web pages at the following URLs:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/index.html
http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/macbsd/

ken