Subject: help? strange problem, recalcitrant mac
To: Mac68k Port <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Ghormley <cghormle@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/04/1996 02:43:20
could you send your suggestions on what to look for on this?  I keep
trying different kernels, repeated downloads etc. but at this point I
haven't a clue what could be going wrong.

	Machine: Classic II 4/80 no fpu.  45 MB BSD/10 MB swap
	Kernels: generic 5, generic 55, adb132 (didn't expect it to work)
		 (where is for_mays?)
		 --yes, I used mode binary ftp
		 --I've tried booting w/o extensions, and
		   with the mac sys 7.1 disk tools disk
	Booter: both 1.8 and 1.9

	Output: boot proceeds on serial console...

NetBSD 1.1A (GENERIC) #5: Thu Mar  7 15:50:45 EST 1996
    briggs@puma:/u/home/briggs/bsd/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/GENERIC
Apple Macintosh Classic II  (68030)
real mem = 4161536
avail mem = 1486848
using 76 buffers containing 311296 bytes of memory
mrg: kernel has no ROM vectors for this machine!
adb: no ROM ADB driver in this kernel for this machine
mainbus0 (root)
ite0 at mainbus0 (minimal console)
adb0 at mainbus0 (ADB event device)
ser0 at mainbus0
[stop]

What's next?  Everything I have tried since my file system got corrupted
and I had to reinitialize the disk has given me the same result.  I don't
want to start an entire thread about my machine, really, so please send
your suggestions to me directly.

Thanks,

Chris
 C.S. Ghormley	 	       	  email neutron@directory.reed.edu
 #13 Reed College		  tel.    +1 503.771.1306
 Portland, Oregon  97202-8199
Wherever bicycles are broken or menaced by international Communism...