Subject: X server errors after DNS entry
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <SINITSYN@juno.physics.wisc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/03/1996 14:11:00
Hi !!!
I was lucky enough to install NetBSD and X11R6 on my LCIII without problems,
but something weird happened after I configured my machine for networking
via SLIP ( DNS, myname, etc) : I can not run X without networking !
I am getting the following:
# startx

waiting for X server to begin accepting connections.
..
..
.
Fatal server error :
Failed to establish all listening sockets

giving up.
xinit : Interrupted system call (errno 4) : unable to connect to X server
xinit : No such process (errno 3) : server error.

What is wrong? I can successfully run X after establishing SLIP connection,
but not without it. What should I do to run X both with and without network?

Dmitry