Subject: Re: PPPD questions
To: None <spectrum@rlion.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/03/1996 04:49:39
On Wed, 3 Apr 1996 spectrum@rlion.com wrote:

> Ok ive got pppd working now but need to know how to get it to detect
> loss of carrier from the modem so it would then hang up and try and
> restablish the link... any ideas on how to do this?

Well, I used to use the lcp-echo- options to send an occassional lcp-echo
packet, and when it missed several in a row, it assumed the line was down.

But now I just use dial-on-demand and set an idle time.  If the line goes
idle for any reason, pppd just drops the connection and then reestablishes
it when the next packet that passes the active-filter expression comes along.