Subject: config just reports errors
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Foakes <andrew@foakes.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/1996 21:19:54
Hi,

I know I'm probably being stupid, but I've run up againt a brick wall.

I have the version 1.1 distribution of everything except the kernel, which
I use either GERERIC#5 or ADBTEST.132 on a serial console as I'm using a
Classic II.  I downloaded the source for sys (sys.tar.gz) from
ftp.netbsd.org on the 26/3/96 and the ABDTEST.132 patch kit.  However,
every time config sees a '|' in the sys/conf/files files, it gives a syntax
error.  I noticed that there was a files.oldcfig (or something like that)
that used an "optional" syntax, so tried that as my files file, but I still
got syntax errors.  I removed all the '|' options and got a different set
of syntax errors.  As far as I know, I followed all the instructions on
both the ABDTEST patch and build a hernel how-tos.  Is there a problem with
versions here?

So much for me investigating the Classic II probelm when I can't even get
config to work :-(

Yours,

Andrew

Andrew Foakes             | I share my birthday with Mrs Thatcher.
andrew@foakes,demon.co.uk | But I'll share my opinion with anybody.