Subject: That's funky...
To: Chris Ghormley , Mac68k Port <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Schrodinger's Cat <dinger@aracnet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/1996 02:04:34
At 6:37 PM 3/30/96, Chris Ghormley wrote:
>I was able to boot my Classic II with the generic#5 kernel several
>times, even in multi-user mode.  My hard drive got corrupted during
>repartitioning, though, and I had to rebuild NetBSD.  I think I had
>everything set up as I did before, and the standard messages showed up on
>my serial console regarding what kernel I was using, until the message
>"ser0 at mainbus0" appeared, and the machine hung.

Hmm... I'm confused, I was under the impression that the for_mays kernel
was the only one that would work on a classic2...  the for_mays kernel
boots single and multi fine for me but every time I try to switch to the
generic5 kernel it hangs right after the line about the video address.  Did
you have to do anything special to make it work?

Thanks,

Chris Marklund

|     @-"-@        dinger@aracnet.com                              |
|    (=*'*=)       finger for PGP                                  |
|  oOO-\o/-OOo     "Black Holes happened when God divided by Zero."|
|Owned by Ferrets  "Think!  While it's still legal!!"              |