Subject: Re: dev/misc
To: Michael D. Tang <frisco@zoom.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/31/1996 00:03:44
>      It was said in the NetBSD FAQ that if you want to try to see if
> netbsd boots on your mac, you have to obtain "dev.tar.gz, etc.tar.gz,
> sbin.tar.gz, bin.tar.gz, and misc.tar.gz."  I cannot find dev.tar.gz and
> misc.tar.gz ANYWHERE.  Anyone with the ftp site for these files please
> tell me.

Actually, if all you want to do is see if NetBSD will boot on your
machine, you need:

	* The booter

	* A kernel

You don't even need to partition or anything.  Put the kernel
(downloaded/extracted in binary mode) into a folder with the
booter and configure the booter to boot from that kernel image.

Can someone write this procedure up for the FAQ?

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>