Subject: more serial console problems?
To: Mac68k Port <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Ghormley <cghormle@reed.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/30/1996 18:37:11
I was able to boot my Classic II with the generic#5 kernel several
times, even in multi-user mode.  My hard drive got corrupted during
repartitioning, though, and I had to rebuild NetBSD.  I think I had
everything set up as I did before, and the standard messages showed up on
my serial console regarding what kernel I was using, until the message
"ser0 at mainbus0" appeared, and the machine hung.

What does this message mean?  What should come after it?

What's a good reference that I might buy to help myself with this and
related problems?

Chris
 C.S. Ghormley	 	       	  email neutron@directory.reed.edu
 #13 Reed College		  tel.    +1 503.771.1306
 Portland, Oregon  97202-8199