Subject: Re: ADB kernel #132 and nrcrscsi0 error
To: Uncle John <happy@dircon.co.uk>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/30/1996 21:00:10
On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Uncle John wrote:

> Now - the bad it. I have one NetBSD external drive, which I plug into
> either my IIci or my LCIII depending on how I feel. Recently, I also tried
> the GENERIC 52 from puma, which loaded ok on my IIci, but I've started to
> get errors.
> Unfortunately, I also get these errors now on bootup for the ADBTEST kernel
> when it tries to mount root.
>
> The error is something like this, as I recall:
>
> nrcrscsi0: Resetting scsibus (Phase change timeout)

I suspect that the GENERIC52(from puma) and ADBTEST132 are built from
newer kernel sources than GENERIC50(from wormey) and that whatever change
caused this problem to appear is not part of the GENERIC50. This would
also explain why the older ADBTEST kernel did not have this problem.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the SCSI changes recently. I
usually blindly sup the most current sources when I need to build a new
kernel. If they all compile ok with my updated ADB code and boot on my
machine, I don't mess with them any further.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504