Subject: Re: New ADBTEST kernel
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/30/1996 16:18:56
At 03:44 PM 03/30/96, Ken Nakata wrote:
>> I tried to boot multi-user only once and it hung long before it started to
>Sounds strange.  Probably you should write down the boot message
>and let John know where it dies.

I booted single and multiuser several times , and it hasn't hung again.
The message is "... unexpected trap ..." that sometimes happens when
booting.  I see it so often that I just hit the reset button.  I believe
that the same code is executing whether is single or multiuser at this
point, but it just seems to hang more often when booting multiuser.

>Hmm, how do you do multiuser boot on only a 1M miniroot?  You know,
>SCSI and Ethernet on Centris don't work yet.

Yeah, but if I can get a big enough miniroot, can't I NFS mount everything
else over a 38.4 SLIP link?  This is just for fun, of course! :-)

As for the ethernet, if it is easier to get an Asante Nubus card working
than the inbuilt ethernet, I will buy the card.

--
John D. Smerdon;  Livonia, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us