Subject: Re: Compiling Questions and Errors
To: None <spectrum@rlion.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/30/1996 06:41:50
> it tried to include /sys/kinfo.h but there is no /sys directory on my

/sys is usually a symbolic link to /usr/src/sys.  I think at least
you'll need a kernel source that is *synched* to your kernel.  Worse
yet, there is no kinfo.h in /usr/src/sys directory.  In fact, there is
no kinfo.h anywhere in the NetBSD source tree or /usr/include...

> reason why im trying to get pidentd to compile is cause i cant manage to
> get the built in identd to work properly for IRC...

NetBSD's identd works "properly".  It's just that some IRC servers
won't be satisfied if your identd returns OS type "OTHER".  Try
removing identd "-o" option in your /etc/inetd.conf.

ken