Subject: Re: What ethernet card uses the SONIC chip
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@eng.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1996 23:27:11
>> I know that some of the 68040 machines use the SONIC chip from National
>> Semiconductor, but I am interested in obtaining a complete list of NuBus
>> Ethernet cards that will work in a Mac.
>> Specificaly Manufacturer and Models.
>
>I assume that you mean "in a Mac running NetBSD."  This is something
>that the user database on puma is supposed to help with.  Take a look at
>it--somewhere under:
>        http://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/macbsd/
>
>[I don't recall the complete path at the moment]

Actually I already have an asante DP8390 based board working great in my IIci.

No in fact I most definately don't want a list that work under MacBSD as
that would sort of defeat the purpose of trying to write a driver (actually
I didn't just say that I am going to write a driver, I am probably not
capable of it, but I just want an interesting challange and this is as
goood as any other.)

Please if you know of a NuBus card that would work in a IIci, send me the
name, model and manufacturer.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu