Subject: Re: XServer sources and color support
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Peter Kelm <kelm@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1996 21:45:20
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Allen Briggs wrote:

> I think Ken forwarded these to you.  The server is a new one, based on
> the contributed A/UX one, I think.

Yes, Ken sent the patches

> Control over the graphics cards.  I'd like to use the drivers that
> Quickdraw-compatible graphics cards are required to have on their PROMs.
> I don't have the time to work on this, though, and although a few people
> have said that they'd start working on better NuBus support for this,
> I've not heard of any successes or failures.  This should help both
> 8-bit PseudoColor and 16-/24-bit TrueColor and DirectColor support
> (using the X terminology ;-).

After having had a look on the superslot code I suppose to start working
on it. Please tell me as much as you know about it. I will try to use a
direct device (32bit video card). So I need not mess around with CLUTs.
Maybe you can point me to the places where changes are necessary.

Thanks              Peter

         --- beam me up Scotty, this planet sucks ---
                                                        Plan B
Peter Kelm (kelm@physik.tu-berlin.de)

Technical University Berlin
Physics Department