Subject: Re: disklabels
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Henry B. Hotz <henry.b.hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1996 11:19:31
At 10:41 PM 3/27/96, Allen Briggs wrote:
>Sort of.  What I did was allow us to fill the 8 (7, really) that we've got
>out of the first 32 partitions instead of just the first 8 on the disk.
>It's better, but still far from perfect.

I guess this means the new PowerMac HD setup that uses 3 partitions instead
of just one for the driver is not going to be a big headache.  Come to
think of it, does the new program even support A/UX partition types?

Well I just checked, and version 1.0.2 of drive setup, which came with
MacOS 7.5.2 on the 7500 I have at work, supports ProDos and, MacHFS
partitions, but no others.  There is no control I can see over the overhead
partitions.  (Unless there is some secret cmd-alt-shift combination I don't
know about.  Considering how different and unfamiliar the program looks
that is a real possibility.)

So, if Apple is discontinuing support for A/UX partitioning, what are they
going to do with the Mac/Mach Linux port?

Sorry I have no answers.  Just questions.

hotz@binky.jpl.nasa.gov