Subject: Re: HD questions
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@er5.rutgers.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/1996 10:19:20
On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Ken Nakata wrote:

> Actually, I don't quite understand what your problem is, except those
> drives listed above don't work under *certain* circumstance.  What
> "certain" circumstance, I don't get it from your post...

Don't know, but his point about Conner 40's is well taken.  NetBSD
doesn't seem to like the internal 40 meg quantum in my IIsi.  HFS
gives a scsiread error, but I've managed to get it to work sometimes
if I run HFS before mounting (the _external_ NetBSD drive) read/write,
and then quit, mount read/write, and run HFS again.

Very strange.  When you use the drives you mentioned as normal NetBSD
drives (UFS partitions), do you get scsiread errors or does it just crash
like the EZ135?

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |